Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Inc. is an American multinational hospitality company based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, and owned by Blackstone Group, and operates 3,897 hotels in over 90 countries under this brand. Hilton provides elaborate and functionally designed guest rooms and amenities.
With the Hilton Team Member Travel Program (TMTP), you get the best travel experience of your life with discounted rates for rooms and much more, which you can enjoy at any one of the 2000 Hilton hotels and resorts.
The Hilton-launched TMTP can be availed by any of the Hilton regular, full or part-time team members and employees of Hilton Worldwide, its subsidiaries, and owned, managed and franchised hotels belonging to any of the Hilton-owned brands. TMTP is only available for leisure travelling and is open to all the immediate family members of an employee. It is important for the Hilton employee to be present with their family member at the check-in. Reservations must be made up to a year in advance under TMTP. To read up on the employee discount rates and other premium and specialty properties, visit the reference links given at the end of this article.
Note: The TMTP reservations can only be made online.
Joining the Hilton TMTP
Joining the Hilton TMTP is a bit lengthy, though fairly simple procedure which can be carried out in quick and easy steps, detailed as follows for your convenience:
- Confirming your work location
- Go to the official Hilton TMTP website from your web browser (see below for link)
- Click the “Begin Here” button given at the center of the homepage
- Enter all the required information and click “Find it”
- Select your work location from the given list and click “Continue”. You can save your location by ticking the box to the left of the “Continue” button
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions by clicking the “Accept” button
- Browsing for available hotels
- Enter all the required information such as the location you want, dates, number of rooms and guests etc. and click “Continue”. The given TMTP rates are only valid for up to a period of seven consecutive nights at any Hilton hotel or resort
- The TMTP rates are not available for hotels within a 50-mile radius of your home or primary work address
- If you are a Team Member then you may have a maximum period of 28 room nights under the TMTP at any time
- Picking the right hotel
- Go through all the details of the given options and pick the one that is best suited to your requirements
- To check for available rooms, click “Check Availability”. Also look at the room details and rates before making the reservation and click the “Select” button to proceed. You can only reserve up to two rooms per stay under the TMTP
- Making the reservation
- Provide your personal and credit card information and click the “Book Reservation” button to make the reservation
- To make changes to your reservations, click the appropriate “Change” options given at the top of the pages or call 877-547-6667. You can also click “Existing Reservations” at the top of the homepage to change or cancel your reservations
- Securing your passport
- Provide your HR department or General Manager with the Confirmation Number to get a signed Travel Passport for the TMTP which will be required at check-in along the Photo ID
Under the TMTP, you can also make a second reservation for the same hotel until the completion of your first stay. For further inquiries, visit the program guide at the following link: http://www.tm.hilton.com/en/tm/help/program_guide.jhtml
Dana Anspach is a Certified Financial Planner and an expert on investing and retirement planning. She is the founder and CEO of Sensible Money, a fee-only financial planning and investment firm.