Direct.GOV.UK is a public-sector information website, provided by the British government. The website was launched in 2012 and is available in two languages, English and Welsh. Through the website, the citizen can easily gain access to a variety of information about services provided by 24 government departments.
The website gives a great deal of information about Vehicle Tax Disc Renewal and describes various ways to successfully tax your vehicle. Just visit the website at, www.direct.gov.uk/taxdisc and get access to all the information you require about taxing your vehicle along with all the MOT and insurance details for your vehicle.
Procedure of Vehicle Tax Disc Renewal
Follow the easy steps given below to keep your vehicle up-to-date with Vehicle Tax.
- Visit, the website at, www.direct.gov.uk.
- Click the link’ Renew Vehicle Tax’ provided at the right-side corner of the page.
- On the next page that opens, read through the instructions on how to tax your vehicles.
- Once you have read through the instructions, click ‘Start Now’ button.
- If you have a reminder letter printed in your Name, click ‘Yes’ on the next page.
- On the next page, enter the 16-digit reference number in the provided field.
- Click ‘Continue’ and follow all the instructions given further to complete the Tax Disc Renewal.
- Once the website receives your request, it will check your vehicle’s insurance and makes sure it is valid.
- If your insurance is valid, you would then have to select your preferred Disc.
- Select the mode of payment and you will be able to receive the Disc in 5 working days.
Other Methods to Apply
- You can also apply for the Disc Renewal through the DVLA Vehicle Tax service, which is a 24-hour service where you can call, 0300-123-4321, and enquire about the renewal.
- Or you can do this via the Post Office, for which you would require your vehicle log book that is in your name. And if you don’t have a log book, you can apply for the new log book – the link to which is also provided on the website.
Dana Anspach is a Certified Financial Planner and an expert on investing and retirement planning. She is the founder and CEO of Sensible Money, a fee-only financial planning and investment firm.