Are you having troubles with your current Instagram account? Or maybe you want to have a new account with a fresh perspective? Then you must delete your already existing account first, however, beware that once your account has been deleted all your data and information stored on it will be gone for good and cannot be retrieved again.
If you still wish to delete your Instagram account simply follow the step by step guidelines given below:
- First after your have established a stable internet connection on your mobile device or laptop, click on the Instagram App to open your account.
- If you are not logged in to your account, enter your username and password in the required fields and hit the “Sign In” button to access your Instagram account.
- Then open your Profile Page where all of your photos, videos or posts are stored, you can visit it by clicking the human shaped icon at the bottom right corner.
- Once you have accessed your account, click the Settings icon at the top right corner of the page to access the settings menu.
- Then click the option of “Help Center” which can be located at the bottom of the Settings page in the option of the “Support” group.
- At the Help Center, click the option of “Manage your Account”, this will lead you to the set of options where deleting account option can be found.
- Then simply click the option “Delete Your Account”. This option will take you to the deletion page.
- Then you may click the “How Do I delete my account” option which will preview the details of deleting your account and the repercussions which come along with it and the options of an alternative instead of deleting your account.
- At this page, click the “Delete Your Account Page” link which can be found in the step one of the content given in the page. You will be asked to enter your username and password for verification purposes and hit the “Login” button to access the delete your Instagram account page.
- Make a selection for the reason you want to delete your Instagram account and hit the button “Done” to complete the process.
- You will be asked to type in your password one more time and hit the button “Permanently delete my account” to complete the process.
Dana Anspach is a Certified Financial Planner and an expert on investing and retirement planning. She is the founder and CEO of Sensible Money, a fee-only financial planning and investment firm.